We know that hiring an FTF Personal Trainer may be your first experience working with a personal trainer (even if it's not, read along). We've made a list of "Client Best Practices" for you to know, in order to ensure that you get the most out of your efforts, both during your session and away from the club.
If you have any questions regarding the following Best Practices, please feel free to let us know.
We're always accessible and happy to help!
Client Best Practices
- It’s important for you to arrive a minimum of 10 minutes prior to the scheduled start of your training session to have time to change into appropriate exercise clothes and sufficiently warmup prior to working with your FitPro.
- It’s important for you to talk to your FitPro about any injuries, illnesses or ailments that you’ve suffered since the last time you spoke, including any medicines or supplements that you’ve either began or ceased taking, or changes dosages.
- If it’s reasonable, schedule your training sessions out as far in perpetuity as possible. This will enable you the best chance to secure your preferred session days and times for as long as is allowable.
- It’s advisable for you to keep a food journal of the foods and beverages that you consume, and the time and amounts of consumption.
- It’s advisable for you the let your FitPro know as soon as you feel that circumstances may prevent you from beginning your session on time.
- It’s important for you to be prepared to begin your session (properly clothed/warmed up) on time. Your FitPro has programmed a 30 or 60-minute workout for you. By not allowing yourself sufficient time to arrive, park, and warm up on time, the effectiveness of your entire workout can be impacted.
- It’s advisable for you to keep track of your sessions. FTF and your FitPro will keep detailed records of used sessions, including late-cancels, no shows, etc. These records will include: date/time/method of cancellations/reschedules, reason(s) given for changes, and status of the session (late-cancel charge, late-cancel no-charge, etc.). If there is ever a discrepancy, the status of the session(s) in question will remain un-changed until an amicable solution to the discrepancy is reached.
- It’s important that you notify FTF management if you feel as though you may work better with another FitPro, or are interested in exploring this option. We understand that, however unlikely, a client may feel as though they may have a more productive experience with another FitPro, and we welcome the opportunity to help you find the best FitPro for you.
- Ask questions! There’s definitely a reason that your FitPro designs your program in the way they do. From the number of sets to the quantity of repetitions to the angle of the bench and the length of your rest periods… ask us why, we’re happy to explain!